Job Title: Chaplain – Primary School focused
Work Type : 1.0 Full Time Equivalent
Employer : Seventh-day Adventist Schools (North New South Wales) Ltd
Location : Avondale School, Cooranbong NSW
Brief description of role
This full-time equivalent position for 2018 could potentially include providing spiritual nurture and support for both the staff and students/families of the Primary School at Avondale School. There is also scope to have some involvement in the Early Learning Centre staff and clientele group as well. The chaplain will specifically care for the organization of primary chapels, the delivery of Bible Study groups and provide regular support for teachers with class worships etc. There will also be an expectation of involvement at the campus church – Gateway.
The applicant will:
- Support the Seventh-day Adventist values and ethos of Avondale School and be a practicing member of the Seventh-day Adventist church
- Have experience with and a passion for young people's ministry relate well to primary age student
- Engage professionally with colleagues
- Demonstrate a willingness to be involved in the school's co-curricular program
- Show creativity and flexibility in designing age appropriate spiritual programs such as chapel and Bible studies
- Have skills/ experience in mentoring individuals and small groups
- Be organized and willing to demonstrate a strong work ethic
It would be desirable that the applicant:
- have some theology background and/or Chaplaincy qualifications
- is well organized and is a good team player who is able to take directions
Only applicants from Australia and New Zealand will be considered.
Applications Close: 13 pm 27 November, 2017
Job Title: Maintenance General Hand
Avondale School is seeking a handy man with prior trade experience to join our Grounds team at Cooranbong. The position is full time. We would be looking for a self-starter who has an eye for maintenance together with an ability to be flexible whilst working in a school environment.
Applications close 24 November 2017 with a commencement date Jan 2018.
Avondale School is seeking a qualified and experienced person to join our Finance team at Cooranbong. The position is full time. Critical thinking, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential in fulfilling this role. Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer focus will be considered favourably.
Applications close 24 November 2017 with a commencement date in early December 2017.