Learning Support Teaching Assistant
Avondale School is a co-educational school located at Cooranbong in the Lake Macquarie district. It is a Pre-School to Year 12 School. Avondale School is owned and operated by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
We are seeking a highly skilled teaching assistant with experience in a learning support role. The successful applicant will work closely with classroom Teachers and the Learning Support Coordinator to support the education and social development of students and assist them to maximise their learning potential.
Learning Support Coordinator HOURS: 15 hours per week over 5 days for 2018
• Have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and mission of Adventist Education
• Be flexible within a team
• Have a passion for children
• Have experience with and knowledge of children who have special needs
• Show initiative
• Be able to set boundaries for children and be consistent in maintaining them
• Be confident to teach children in small groups from Kindy to Year 6
• Be able to work cooperatively within a classroom at the direction of the teacher
• Certificate III in Education Support
• Able to support a child in the playground with social thinking skills
APPLICATION CLOSE: Monday, 5 February 2018