What do I need to look for in a Centre for my child?
This checklist includes some of the most important attributes that you need to consider when choosing a child care provider. Make sure your provider can say yes to each one of these.
- Does the Centre have a good reputation?
- Is the Centre warm and welcoming with a friendly atmosphere?
- Does the Centre have fully qualified and caring staff?
- Is the Centre clean with safe facilities?
- Does the Centre have clearly established policies and proceedures?
- Does the Centre have a stimulating curriculum?
- How does the centre support your child's transition to school?
- Is there plenty of space for children to play both indoors and outdoors with plenty of shade and equipment to accommodate all ages?
- Will your child’s health and wellbeing be met?
- Does the Centre promote learning and development in all developmental areas?
- Are the carers knowledgeable about child development and responsive to individual needs?
- Does the Centre have an inclusive approach?
- How well does the centre relate well to you as a family?