First Day of Pre-school Checklist
What to wear
- Clothing that is child friendly with elastic waistbands to allow your child independence at toilet times.
- Clothing that your child can get dirty in – please, no special/good clothes as there will be lots of opportunity for paint, playdough, sand, water and outdoor play.
- Shoes - choose secure footwear with good grip and Velcro straps that your child can easily manage by themselves. Thongs are not allowed.
- Hat – make sure it is sun safe and covers the face, neck and ears.
Note: Avondale Pre-school shirts and hats are available at our reception desk if you'd like to purchase one.
What to pack
- Labeled Bag big enough to hold all belongings and that can be carried, and easily opened by your child.
- Labeled Spare clothes – 1 or more complete set of clothes, including underpants in case of accidents.
- Labeled Lunch Box – choose one that is easy for your child to open.
- Labeled Drink Bottle (water only)
- Nutritious Food – pack morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, and a little extra if your child is staying for extended hours.
- Labeled Sheets – 1 fitted cot sheet and 1 flat cot sheet. Please pack them in either a labeled pillowslip or drawstring bag.
- Labeled Optional Comfort item that may help your child settle in the first few weeks.
Please do not forget to clearly LABEL all your child’s belongings.